5980 McAndrew Drive
Overview: 4 bedrooms, 5 full baths, approx. 4032 sq. ft., and 2-car garage
Set in the Piedmont side of Montclair, this completely renovated, luxury home delivers ultra-modern style and living. Outside, Batu hardwood siding and glass railings by Wentworth Metal Works accent a striking white stucco facade. Inside, finishes and features captivate—rich eucalyptus floors contrast bright walls, vertical 3X6-foot windows reveal vivid nature and Bay views, a commissioned chandelier art piece by Shakuff graces the foyer, and a stunning stone fireplace punctuates the exquisite dining room.
Designed in partnership by an architect and artisan builder, every material and texture was meticulously implemented for high-end form and function.
- Open-concept dining, kitchen, and paver patio for impeccable indoor-outdoor flow.
- Ultimate chef’s kitchen with a huge central island, Caesarstone counters, and top-of-the-line appliances: 6-burner Viking range and double oven, zero profile restaurant hood, Viking fridge, and wine fridge—all residing by a 10-foot horizontal window drawing light and framing swaying bamboo outside.
- Master suite with milled travertine tile accent wall, massive walk-in closet, and private balcony. The lavish master bath with exquisite wall tile work features dual Vigo sinks with Kraus fixtures across Caesarstone counters, no-shadow strip lighting, an enormous walk-in shower with Grohe fixtures, and a Badeloft stone standalone tub.
- Second bedroom suite with designer bath furthers exceptional tile work—styled in patinas of grey—and features a walk-in shower, standalone soaking tub, and Philip Stark toilet.
- Third bedroom and adjacent full bath boasting a shower with 13-foot ceiling and floating bridge-like Caesarstone counter and sink in front of a dramatic wall-sized window.
- Lower-level au pair suite feels like a modern apartment with full kitchen, living room, bath and bedroom.
Behind the scenes of this incredible property, high-tech home systems reign and engineering exceeds all seismic standards. Three Carrier 95.5% efficiency furnaces function with networked Nest thermostats. A recirculating system provides instant hot water through all new plumbing, and walls maximize insulation for efficiency. Completing the structure is a new lifetime roof and sleek low-profile gutters and downspouts.
Fig, lemon, lime, apple, mandarin orange, and persimmon trees dot the landscaping unfolding around the patio and manicured multi-level yard, and with nearly 50 LED lights, the space is magical for evening dining and entertaining.
This charmed location is conveniently located to the quaint Village of Montclair, award winning schools, public transportation Highways 13 and 24 and within minutes of College Ave and Rockridge BART.
Cohesive in design and style, 5980 McAndrew is a complete, luxury home and a rare opportunity.